As a market leader in infrastructure and engineering services, Downer understands and recognises the contribution employees make to the success of our business.
Downer provides comprehensive engineering and infrastructure design, construction, maintenance and management services to the transport, energy, infrastructure, communications and resources sectors.
The Group works throughout Australia, New Zealand, Asia and the United Kingdom.
About the Job
As part of the Projects team in North Ryde, an experienced Business Analyst / Junior Project Manager is required to identify and document high level business requirements and manage BAU/business optimization projects through to delivery.
As the conduit between IT Services and the Business, you will engage with a broad range of stakeholders to facilitate requirements workshops, document detailed business requirements (both technical and functional), identify and document testing strategies and facilitate execution of testing while adopting industry best practices.
This exciting career opportunity will allow you to further develop your project management acumen under the guidance of the PMO team and gain further exposure to detailed planning and execution of projects.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Conduct and facilitate requirements workshops, walk through, business process reviews/re-engineering, solution design & definition with the business, IT and other SMEs
- Work with the business and IT to identify business needs, high level requirements and to document business cases and concept briefs identifying key business drivers, return on investments, impact assessments and business justifications
- Identify and guide the business in testing, applying appropriate testing strategies and methodologies
- Identify and document BAU transition processes and the appropriate change and release management strategies
- Undertake detailed analysis and develop detailed project plans outlining project scope, financials, schedules, risk and issues
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve project goals. Maintain collaborative relationship with external vendors to achieve project goals
- Extensive Business Analysis experience in applications and infrastructure projects and programs, preferably within an outsourced or enterprise environment
- Experience in Project Management in Applications and Infrastructure projects or programs
- Understanding of IT, particularly within an Infrastructure and Operations environment
- Demonstrated analysis, planning, research and creative problem solving skills
- Effective interpersonal, consulting, persuading and negotiation skills
- Strong analytic skills
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Experience in developing Business Cases (desirable)
- Exposure to Vendor management and engagement (desirable)
- Exposure to ITIL and project management principals and methodology (desirable)
- Bachelor of IT, Computer Science or relevant degree
In return we offer
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
- An opportunity to make an impact with a growing and forward thinking company
- The opportunity to further develop your skills and professional development
- Competitive remuneration package based on experience
To apply, please click on “Apply” below and submit your resume. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.